Skip to content
It's Getting Hot in Here
- The EPA estimates that 90% of the greenhouse benefits of recycling come from paper, cardboard, and metals.
- Recycling one ton of metal or paper saves about three tons of carbon dioxide
- Recycling one ton of plastic saves only slightly more than one ton of carbon dioxide.
- It takes recycling three tons of glass to save about one ton of carbon dioxide
- In the united states, if we exclude paper and metals from recycling, our recycling savings are only two-tenths of 1% of our carbon footprint.